Each year, the Reif Center hosts about 40 national and international touring performances, representing a diverse range of artistic disciplines, including country music artists, rock tributes, classical musicians, classical and contemporary dance, musical theater, children’s theater, comedy – the list goes on! In addition, the Reif Center hosts performances by local music, theater and dance organizations and school groups.
After completing a grand renovation and expansion project in the Spring of 2016, the Reif Center is now home to two stages: the Wilcox Theater, seating 700, and the Mary Ives Studio Theater, an intimate space seating 200.
The Reif Center is home to the Reif Dance program, which is open to all students of all ages (4yrs-adult). Classes available in ballet, jazz, tap, and modern dance. It also maintains an excellent visual art gallery, featuring mostly local and regional artists.
“To stimulate arts in Northern Minnesota.”
Underlying principles that guide this mission include the Reif Arts Council’s responsibility to provide a healthy organization and a well-managed facility in which a wide variety of visual and performing arts may be experienced, exhibited, and taught.
1. We will pursue artistic excellence.
2. Quality arts experiences should be accessible to all.
3. The arts are an integral component of providing a quality education.
4. A well-managed art organization and facility ensures success.
5. We gain strength through effective collaborations and partnerships.
6. The arts enrich our lives and are a catalyst for a healthy community.