The Reif Arts Council and Myles Reif Performing Arts Center are following Governor Tim Walz’s Stay at Home Executive Order. The Reif Center is closed to all traffic Friday, March 27 – Monday, June 1. Our Box Office can be reached by calling (218) 327-5780 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 19, Dave Simonett | Rescheduled, November 28, 2020
The Hunchback of Notre Dame | Postponed, new dates TBD
March 26, Dean Z | Rescheduled, September 16, 2020
March 29 & 30, Gaelynn Lea | Cancelled
April 2, New Standards | Cancelled
All Madagascar Jr. performances | Postponed, new dates TBD
April 7, Barley Jacks | Rescheduled, October 6, 2020
April 9, The Rainbow Fish | Cancelled
April 16, Jaedyn James | Cancelled
April 17, Underwater Bubble Show | Rescheduled, March 31, 2021
April 18, BlackHawk W/ The Christopher David Hanson Band | Rescheduled, July 24, 2020
April 30, Croce Plays Croce | Rescheduled, September 20, 2020May 4, This Town Tour | Cancelled
May 5, Call of the Wild | Rescheduled, October 2, 2020
May 8, Unauthorized Biographies w/ Shaun Boothe | Rescheduled, January 14, 2021
May 10, Remembering Hee Haw | Rescheduled, November 4, 2020
May 15, Salute to Glen Campbell | Rescheduled, November 17, 2020
May 16, Itasca Symphony Orchestra Concert | Cancelled
May 21, Feeding Leroy | Cancelled
June 12-14, Reif Dance Cinderella | Cancelled
Monday, March 16
In collaboration with ISD#318, all educational classes (Reif Dance, Theater Education and Sing, Play, Learn) will take place as scheduled on Monday, March 16 and will discontinue beginning Tuesday, March 17.We hope to reconvene with all Reif educational programs by Monday, March 30. Please continue to visit reifcenter.org for updates. You may reach us by calling 218-337-5780 M-F 8:20-5pm or email@example.com.
Friday, March 13
Following new developments outlined by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and the State Department of Health, there is a community mitigation strategy in place to limit the spread of COVID-19. The Reif Center is following the following recommendations, effective Monday, March 16, and will continue to carefully monitor developments over the next several weeks.
- Cancelling or postponing gatherings with 250 or more people, including concerts, conferences, professional and amateur performances or sporting events.
- Cancelling or postponing smaller events (those with less than 250 people) that are held in settings that do not allow social distancing of 6 feet per person
The Reif Center is postponing all performing arts events March 16-April 1. Events after April 1 will take place only if the MN Department of Health and our state government leaders indicate that the strategy directives have been lifted. We will communicate with all ticket holders through emails or phone calls, and the Reif Center website, and will update you as soon as possible with new dates for postponed Reif shows.
Events being rescheduled include (new dates TBD)
Dave Simonett/VFW Employee Fundraiser – March 19
Dean Z (Elvis) – March 26
Hunchback of Notre Dame (Grand Rapids Players) – March 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 (and all rehearsals)
Gaelynn Lea – March 29 & 30
All Reif youth activities will follow the lead of ISD #318 and are currently taking place as scheduled.
The Reif Dance Company Shows scheduled for March 14-15 will continue as planned.
The safety of our patrons, visitors, staff and volunteers is of utmost importance on a daily basis. With recent developments of the Coronavirus we assure you we are doing our best to increase the urgency to eliminate germs to the best of our ability. Here are the steps we are taking:
- Cleaning the theater with antibacterial spray and wipes immediately prior to all performances;
- Providing greeters at the door to decrease the number of people touching the door handles;
- Offering antiseptic wipes to anyone wishing to use them as they enter the theater;
- Increasing limited ticket-touching policies by scanning and reading tickets without touching;
- Requiring all volunteers wear gloves while working at the café;
- Using all disposable and single serve bottles for drinks;
- Providing tissues for public;
- Supporting our staff and volunteers if they need to stay home if they become ill.
Currently, all events at the Reif will continue as scheduled. Please continue to visit our website for updates. We also encourage our Grand Rapids friends to frequent Police Chief Scott Johnson’s statements and updates at www.grandrapidsmn.com.
We encourage you to participate in the following as recommended by the World Health Organization:
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds and using alcohol based hand sanitizer;
- If you are experiencing symptoms, stay home as best you are able and avoid being in large crowds (especially in enclosed areas);
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue and discard tissue immediately into a closed bin;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
If the Itasca County Health Department or County/City officials determine an event held at the Reif Center must be cancelled, all ticket-holders will be notified via email and/or phone. Information on the reifcenter.org website will remain current and will also be shared through eblasts.
Many industries are being hit hard by the COVID-19 virus and the performing arts are no exception. If a show is cancelled or postponed, ticket holders will have the opportunity to decide if they prefer to make a donation and receive a receipt from the Reif as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization for the price of the ticket or the ticket may be exchanged for a future performance with no charge for ticket exchange.
If you choose to not attend an event that has not been cancelled or postponed, we support you in your decision to take whatever measures you determine will protect your health. Refunds are not provided but you may:
- Offer your ticket to someone else;
- Receive a tax-deductible receipt and turn-in your ticket to the box office;
- Receive credit toward another event.
We greatly appreciate your consideration of supporting the Reif through a donation to help manage costs that are unrecoverable from such cancellations.
While we will continue to update you on the latest virus postings from the CDC and WHO, we will also continue our mission to provide an escape from the world’s stresses by enjoying live performing arts entertainment.
The Reif Center is a dynamic facility for music, dance and theater for all ages. Offering live performing arts for Northern Minnesota will continue with your help and support through this difficult time we face together. We are all dependent on each other more than ever. Stay safe, happy and healthy.