Guests with Disabilities
The Reif Center is dedicated to ensuring a positive experience for all our patrons, and we take care that our events, services and facilities are accessible to all guests.
- Handicap removable seating – We have wheelchair seating for those who require. The “wheelchair” seats on the right side of the auditorium are removable to accommodate patrons in wheelchairs and their guest. Please notify our staff when you purchase your ticket that you will be needing handicap access.
- Handicap fixed seating – Some of our seats designated for “wheelchairs” are actually fixed seating. These are ideal for patrons who have mobility issues and need easy access, but who prefer to sit in a regular theater seat (rather than in an actual wheelchair). Again, please notify our staff at the time of purchase
- Hearing Assistance – We have infrared hearing devices available for checkout at the Box Office the night of performance.
- Large Print – Large print playbills are available at both theater entrances. Ask an usher.
- Sign Language – The Reif Center will make a sign language interpreter available for most performances upon request. Such request must be made at least two weeks in advance in order to allow time for us to schedule such services.
We’re Here to Help!
If there is anything we have forgotten or anything we can do to make your visit more convenient or comfortable please feel free to contact a member of our staff. Guests can call the Box Office at any time about accessibility needs, though we recommend doing so in advance of the performance.